Sunday, September 12, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

It's Sunday night, where on earth did the weekend go?

Ohhh right, I worked all weekend, that is where it went!

I will admit, it wasn't all business this weekend. I always have this struggle on the weekends I am working; do I have a quiet one so I can catch up on rest and not be totally shattered before starting a new week without a proper break OR do I go nuts and actually do fun things and make it still feel a bit like a weekend, even though I am working.

I chose the go nuts option and I definitely feel like I am paying for it now. Friday night I had drinks with friends and while it wasn't a huge one, I still did not get home and into bed till after midnight. Saturday night I went out pubbing/clubbing and managed to stumble in just before 4am. Dumb idea! I had to be up and showered for work by 8.30, so of course I had about 5 minutes sleep. I actually felt pretty good at work, lucky it was a short shift. I came home and just crashed for most of the afternoon.

Ok so the good, the bad and the ugly from the weekend
  • I love my friends. They loved me when I was fat and they love me now that I am becoming smaller. I am truly blessed to have these awesome people in my life. Oh and they are insanely hilarious!
  • I drank way too much
  • I ate very well until today (Sunday). I had McDonalds for breakfast (I wouldn't of made it through work otherwise) and just had Red Rooster for dinner. I have not eaten this many cals or fat in forever, I am totally going to pay for it tomorrow.
  • My black skinny jeans in size 16 are feeling loose! Well not tight and skinny like they should and used to be anyways. I love that I can go into any shop, pick up a size 16 and know it will fit. I think roughly an Australian size 16 is an American size 12?
  • Saturday night, I got hit on. A lot. I am still not used to it and quite often it makes me feel like an idiot. I am pretty sure I come off as a bitch most of the time.
  • Some guy kept telling me I was "stuck up and pretentious"...I think this has a lot to do with the point I made above this one
  • I hate that I am getting so old! 27 is feeling so damn ancient these days. I don't act my age, feel my age or look my age but...there is no escaping it! I can't seem to meet guys that are older than 22, how tragic.
  • Oh and I survived the baby shower. It wasn't too bad. But I did make 2 babies cry.
Ok so since I going to be feeling revolting from all the fat I ate today, tomorrow is going to be a lean day. Lots of water, veg & some fruit, I'll have some carbs in the morning but will definitely go easy on them. A run with my pup + the gym somewhere in there as well tomorrow. In a few weeks I am going to a cocktail party for a Fundraiser and there is a dress hanging in my closet that I want to wear. I have not worn it yet and I would love to be able to take it out that night! It fits me now but it would definitely look better if I was minus a few more kg's.

Have a great week all! Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

xx